RL Team on Facebook
  • RL Team on Facebook
Our Sponsors
  • Our Sponsors
  • Our Sponsors
  • Our Sponsors
  • Our Sponsors
  • Our Sponsors
  • Our Sponsors
  • Our Sponsors
  • Our Sponsors
  • Our Sponsors
Visitor Statistics
25%Germany Germany
24.1%Luxembourg Luxembourg
17.5%United States United States
5.3%Switzerland Switzerland
4.5%Netherlands Netherlands
4.3%Australia Australia
3.3%France France
3.1%Belgium Belgium
2.7%Canada Canada
1.7%United Kingdom United Kingdom

Yesterday: 5
This Week: 25
Last Week: 38
Total: 53529
Search
Home News

We have to confirm that we will not be able to pull the next events due to bearing problems after the full pull in Mühldorf. We hope to put junior back on track beginning of july.

 

Yesterday, the junior finished on a 3rd place in Mühldorf (somewhere between Munich and Passau). Although we made a full pull, we could not restart in the pull off. Seems that we got some bearing problems on our Curtiss Wright engine. It was no pleasure to pull with 50% throttle on a “deep” track without grip.

 

Due to a blocked roller clutch in the primary planetary gear of the supercharger drive, the ratio was changed, the rpm of of the secondary planetary gear increased, and the temperature of the bearings were increased above the normal values. Finally one planetary wheel broke. We had to replace the complete supercharger drive.
As today we also got all the clutch parts needed to reassamble the truck, it seems that it is possible to pull in Mühldorf (D) this weekend.

 

After dismantling the rear casing of the Curtiss Wright engine we found on the secondary planetary gear of the supercharger drive a broken wheel that blocked the impeller driveline. At this moment, we are not sure that we can reassemble the engine and the truck in time for next weekend. We have to be sure first to have no broken parts left in the engine oil circuit.
 
At least we are happy now to know why both engines did not work as they should during the last pulls.

 

Again bad news from the Roude Leiw Team: The new rebuild engine did not make enough rpm and horsepower to compete on top level in the 2,5t modified. Seems that the supercharger did not work properly. The team finished on a 6th place. Seems that we got the same problem than with the Wild Star engine. Our new data logger system worked just perfect and delivered us lots of information as rpm, wheel speed, clutch information, carburator settings etc.
Back on the road to Luxemburg, the clutch of the truck suddenly stopped transmitting engine power to the gearbox. End of the trip somewhere near Blankenheim.
After some calls, our sponsor “Den Daachdecker”  was organising immediately a truck to bring back home our trailer with the junior inside, and our sponsor “Entreprise de construction Marechal” was organising the transport of our broken MB1422.  
So on early Monday morning we all were back home again.

Special thanks to Nesen Raymond, Marechal Nico, Theis Jos and Marechal John.