After a lot of work, we finally performed an engine test this evening. Everything seems ok so far.
So, it will be possible for us to pull in Edewecht this weekend. We are really looking forward to meet top tractors out there on track!
It is still not possible for us to pull this weekend in Herning.
It will not be possible for us to rebuild our engine in time for Altenburg. After our bad pulls in Krumbach and Grimmen, we decided to check the engine in detail, because we didn't want to risk bad damage to our Curtiss Wright.
Of course we are disappointed, but that's Motorsport.
We will be back !!!
Unfortunately, we cannot start in Putten(NL). The tractor is still not finished. We are even not sure to be ready for Altenburg(D) on sunday.
We will keep you informed...
We still don't know at this moment if we will be ready for Putten(NL) and Altenburg(D).
A lot of damage had to be repaired; fuel and oil tanks were cracked, front end and steering cylinder were badly damaged, drawbar was bended sidewards as well as some other details had to be repaired. The biggest problem still is the engine which is not running as expected. If further troubleshooting will be without results, we will stay at home this weekend rather than compromise more damage.
We will keep you informed...
When we arrived, we were chocked about the mud around the track. It has been raining non-stop for the last 12 hours.
Just before running up the engine, the cable connector broke between the battery car and the tractor. It nearly took one hour to repair it.
We were the 1st starter in our class. The tractor hooked well, but due to bad track conditions, he got unstable around 60 meters. Unfortunately, the front end came down too hard, and the front wheels were badly damaged. But we managed to get a full-pull, and qualify for the pull-off.
We only could return to the pull-off with the help of a loader, who positionned the tractor in front of the sled.
This time it went wrong, and we couldn't keep the tractor between the lines.
The engine is still not running as expected.
Altough we had a lot of problems, we finished on a 3rd place.
At this moment, we are not shure to be able to fix all the problems for the next week-end.
Congratulations to the Red Shadow team. They were out for the first time with their new sled which really looks great and works perfect.
Because of rain anouncement, every competitor had only one attempt to qualify. Unfortunately, there was no full-pull in our class. During our pull, the engine RPM dropped down again. Our first thoughts were that still the same fuel problem than in Made occured.
After having analyzed the data-logger recordings, it rather looks like that we had choosen the wrong settings.
During the week, we will check the engine in detail, and hopefully we will find better settings for Grimmen next Saturday.